Thursday, May 27, 2010

Favo(u)rite things, set to music

I've really enjoyed all the chemistry favorites lists -- they've all been wonderful. However, no one has gone to the lengths of Chemjobber reader Leo, who submits the following musical version:

MY FAVOURITE CHEMISTRY THINGS (by Leo M.)

Easy quick workups and a column that cleanses
The smell of ether and a product that fluoresces
Brown Aldrich packages the courier brings
These are a few of my favourite things.

White powdery solids and high yields and ee's
Ground glass and valves brass and multiple degrees
Sealed vacuum chambers with rubber o-rings
These are a few of my favourite things.

Low-boiling solvents that leave with no traces
Girls in white lab coats and Erlenmeyer vases
Clean NMRs on a Friday in spring
These are a few of my favourite things.

When the flask breaks
When my hand stings
When I'm still a grad
I simply remember my favourite things,
And then I don't feel so bad. 


Count me impressed. (Good luck with the thesis, Leo.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

looks like Blogger doesn't work with anonymous comments from Chrome browsers at the moment - works in Microsoft Edge, or from Chrome with a Blogger account - sorry! CJ 3/21/20