|That's right, CJ. You paid money to see me,|
The Big Aristotle. (credit: carltonjordan.com)
- Paid for subscriptions to J. Org. Chem. and Org. Lett. as a recently graduated B.S. chemist. Didn't read them much. (OK, this was long before online access was widespread.)
- Weekend trip to Boston to see an old friend. It was cool and all, but the neatest thing I saw was Shaq's head floating above a crowd of onlookers. Did I mention I hate the Lakers?
- Blasted through my cell phone minutes and paid $200+ in overage fees. Ooops.
- Missed credit card payments early on -- you know, that's a really good way to get your APR raised on you.
- Paid for many, many, many forgettable restaurant meals by putting them on my credit card balance.
- Bought many intended-to-be-read-but-never-quite books on my credit card balance.
- Not having a roommate early on in grad school. Dude, cut your rent in half?
- Speeding tickets. Short-term expensive, long-term expensive.