Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Anyone want to make some bold predictions?

I'm in a betting mood for some reason. Anyone want to take a guess on the trajectory of the US economy for 2013? Here's the Conference Board's estimates as of January 9, 2013:


If the over/under for the US real GDP was set at 1.8%, I'd take the under - but I'm a pessimist. I think there's a case to be made for the over, but not by much.

If anyone wants to make a bet in the comments or by e-mail, I'm game. I'm a chicken, though, so I won't be wagering anything of value more than, say, $20 with one reader only. (I'm only prepared to lose a Jackson; items of alternate value (blogposts, etc.), I'll listen.) Anyway, put your thoughts in the comments, and we'll look this time next year. 

1 comment:

looks like Blogger doesn't work with anonymous comments from Chrome browsers at the moment - works in Microsoft Edge, or from Chrome with a Blogger account - sorry! CJ 3/21/20