Monday, December 15, 2014

Best wishes to Carmen Drahl

Also in this week's C&EN, Carmen Drahl writes on the chemistry of holiday tinsel, including the fact that they used to have lead tinsel (good gravy.)

This is just as good as any time to say that Carmen has announced on Twitter that she is resigning her position at the end of the year to become a freelance writer. I'm sad for the C&EN readership -- I will miss her articles. She's had a tremendous positive influence on me over the years and she has shaped the chemistry blogosphere from early on. I have always considered her a bit of a mentor (and she may be surprised to read that.)

My best wishes to her in her future journeys and I sincerely hope that we read her writing again soon. 

3 comments:

  1. She also stars in a new "Speaking of Chemistry" video on the topic at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fql3aCuu1l0. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- I'm more than a little surprised to read that CJ. Thank you. You've accomplished a lot here and I hope you keep on keepin' on for the sake of the chemblogosphere. Somebody's got to (especially given the recent Scientific American network pare-down.)

    ReplyDelete

looks like Blogger doesn't work with anonymous comments from Chrome browsers at the moment - works in Microsoft Edge, or from Chrome with a Blogger account - sorry! CJ 3/21/20